Soleopeks.comStevie nicks and klonopin

A Recent History of Stevie Nicks Oversharing Flavorwire

7.17.2018 | Joseph Young

You got a lot of attention in the press when you gained weight.

@2016 Flavorpill Media. Powered by WordPress.com VIP.

He’s a groupie who wanted to have me come in a couple times a month to talk about rock ‘n’ roll. It’s a tranquilizer. I went from 125 up to 173 pounds. “I just kind of went underground. Understand, I was on Klonopin. I learned a valuable lesson. I did a couple of tours and everyone talked about my weight, but I managed to do pretty good shows so people gave me that. I spent 45 days there and got over it.” — The New York Times, 2014. I called up my best friend and said come get me and take me to a hospital. Never trust doctors, ever. You’re tranquil. I stayed home in a really beautiful house, watched a lot of TV, and ordered from Jerry’s deli. One day I woke up and said, this doctor is insane.

Stevie nicks and klonopin
A Recent History of Stevie Nicks Oversharing Flavorwire

I wear the right clothes, age-appropriate clothes. And I don’t mean looking 22 and going to plastic surgery and looking like a caricature of yourself, a stranger that nobody recognizes so that you can’t even get a table at a restaurant because you really don’t look like Stevie Nicks anymore. I’ve been in a famous band for a very long time and because of that I’ve taken very good care of myself, except for the eight years I was on Klonopin and I got really fat, but that wasn’t my fault. “I’m extremely lucky. You have to keep yourself youthful. But I can still do some of the things I could do when I was really young and pull it off as a 65-year-old chick.”.

“Botox makes everybody look like Satan’s children. You’d have to tie me down to get me to do it again.” — The egraph, 2013.

How do you feel now?

Stevie Nicks, New Age selfie queen, released a new album this week, titled 24 Karat Gold — Songs from the Vault. But it also means that Stevie has been making the press rounds, giving TMI interview after TMI interview. This means more songs to twirl wistfully around your bedroom to (a mild joint and a throw blanket worn as a shawl are optional accessories). You get the sense that there’s very little she feels self-conscious about in her wild and weird past, and why should she? She’s Stevie Nicks, and she survived to see the other side, damnit!. Out of context, her salacious quotes about the past can seem a little disconcerting — if you don’t understand that this is just how Stevie Nicks is. She has often volunteered personal information with little prompting, both in interviews and in her brilliant songs about drugs, men, and living some Santa Monica take on the bohemian life.

With this in mind, it makes it easy for reporters to ask Nicks about her past — and she easily offers up these candid quotables in return. Let’s delve in to some recent ones from rock’s wisest fairy godmother. Of course, the whole schtick with 24 Karat Gold is that these songs span the last 45 years on Nicks’ life, with one dating back to her pre-Fleetwood Mac days in Buckingham Nicks (technically, pre-dating Buckingham Nicks). BODY. Her most common subjects are her past drug abuse, her lifetime of passionate romances with famous men, and now as she’s grown older, beauty and body issues.

Stevie nicks and klonopin